Ensure that the taste, texture and appearance of fried food is as it should be with this fast and accurate food oil monitor. Simple to operate and available for same-day despatch with free of charge calibration.
How to Measure Food Oil Quality
- Remove any fried product from the oil. If necessary, shut down the circulating system on the fryer.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after frying, ensuring the oil is still hot. The optimum measuring range is between 150°C and 180°C.
- Ensure that the probe is clean and dry before taking the reading.
- Put your hand through the rubber grip and adjust the strap as required to ensure a firm hold.
- Place the sensor stem in the oil and ensure the oil level is between the max/min lines on the stem.
- Use a gentle stirring motion until the light at the top of the instrument begins to flash.
- After all readings are taken, use paper towel/tissue to clean the sensor.
Caring for your FOM330
- The sensor uses a highly technical chip and must be cleaned after all fryers have been checked.
- We recommend cleaning the sensor while it is still hot, to prevent the oil cooling and forming a hard layer.
- Use paper towel or soft tissue to remove excess oil. N-Propanol may be used to disinfect and to clean the sensor if required.
- Never use wire brushes or abrasive materials to clean the sensor.
- Do not use solvents such as acetone for cleaning, as these will damage the instrument.
- Avoid tapping or knocking the sensor stem against any hard object.
- In line with best practice, use an Instrument Station with a bracket to safely protect your FOM330 from damage when not in use.
The Ebro FOM330 is the latest and most successful Food Oil Monitor in its series. Widely across the hospitality and food service sectors, the demand for accurate, rapid results and ease of operation is very capably fulfilled.
The monitor provides an accurate control of oil usage influencing continuity in texture, taste, and appearance of finished product whilst avoiding significant health issues arising from over-use of oil.
Polar compounds, now accepted as a reliable measurement of ageing oils, are assessed by the FOM330 oil monitor and displayed in digital results from zero to fifty.
Along with all the design development carried forward from previous models, this instrument features:
- Auto ‘Hold’-release function – the instrument automatically releases the Hold function when it senses that it has been returned to hot oil. This eliminates the possibility of the operator transferring frozen readings from vat to vat.
- Increased digit size in display for greater visibility.
- Large oil quality signal lamp on top of the instrument gives a bright unmistakable indication of when oil is to be changed.
- ‘Next Step’ indicator in display – presenting clear yet unmistakably instructions to the user of what to do next.
- Improved temperature compensation for even greater accuracy in all situations.
- Larger ergonomic protective cover for increased protection from hot oil splashes.
- Improved carrying case.
The unique stem guard design offers all round sensor protection, including a tough anti-scratch surface protection across the measuring bars, without jeopardising Ebro’s superior performance criteria for accuracy and speed of response.